segunda-feira, 11 de outubro de 2010

Rozanna Purcell, Missosology's Timeless Beauty Interview



Miss Ireland Rozanna Purcell
Timeless Beauty of Miss Universe 2010


"I cried when I found out about this special tribute on missosology. It's such an honor! I am so flattered and delighted, I can’t wait to tell my mom!" Roz is celebrated as a Miss Universe delegate of extraordinary natural beauty with a universal appeal. Although many have praised her looks, there is but little mention of her notable qualities - she has unbelievable drive, gets on so well with everyone and has been a dream to work with the people around her. Donald Trump was so smitten of her so he signed her up in his topnotch modeling agency right after the pageant. A student of politics, Roz has represented Ireland in The house of Parliament in Europe. She is as mystical and magical as one could dream of, proving everyone that it doesn't take a crown to reach higher dimensions in her chosen fields of endeavor.



How's life after the Miss Universe pageant?

Well of course it has been extremely hectic, I haven't been kept very busy but it is great to see my family and friends again before I head away again!


What is your favorite Miss Universe experience?

I think It would have to be the everyday experiences like making the blogs with the other girls and the times we were on break from rehearsals just chatting, although I absolutely love being on stage so perhaps the final night or preliminaries. I had too many good times, I can't pick one!

 
 
Are your expectations in the pageant met?


Yes very much so, and even more I have been opened to a whole new world of opportunities and made so many life long friends it has really built on my character and skills also!


Who became your closest friends during & after the pageant?

Well as you all probably know by now, Miss Australia was my "bestie," along with Guam, Great Britain, Kosovo, Indonesia, Thailand, USA, Uruguay, I got along with everyone really well!



What kept you in top condition during the pageant & in what event do you think you shined most?

I'm a very positive person so I avoided any negativity and I just kept remembering who ever is going to win is going to win. It's their destiny so I may as well have fun along the way and if its me, it's me but if it's not, that's ok cause I'm meant for something else! The event I was most skeptical about ended up as my favorite- SWIMWEAR. I loved doing it!


Tell us about the gown you sported in the competition. According to our insiders, you were supposed to wear a finale gown designed by some famous designer but it was confiscated by MUO because they wanted you to win sporting a Sherri Hill gown.

Ahhhhhhhhhh yes! Well I did have a Carlos Alberto Gown to surprise everyone. It was amazing but things happened and I ended up in my preliminary dress which was gorgeous.





Any funny/unusual/crazy MU moments?


It was all so unusual for me. People knowing who I was and actually taking an interest in me as a contestant - I could not believe it! But I loved every minute of it! You might think I'm just saying this but I loved getting up early and doing interviews and being so busy. I'm one of those people who have to keep busy all the time!


Before your participation in Miss Universe, I'm sure you used to have perceptions about the pageant. At this present time, how would you define Miss Universe in your own terms?

Yes it was everything I taught it would be! The ultimate experience for any young woman, it's a time where you really learn what kind of person you are and what kind of person you want to be. You become a lot more open minded and are educated about the world through the other contestants. I just wish I could do it all again!


What do you think are your qualities that helped you make it as one of the Top 10 finalists?

Well apart from my quirky accent, I think just being real and being myself maybe helped me to get this far and the fact that I had so much fun doing all of it along the way!


Observers noted that you were Donald Trump's top pick. Also, it was reported that he wanted you to become a part of his modeling agency. Can you shed the light on this?

Yes I have joined the Donald Trump Agency. I'm off in October..............AND I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!



Do you have strategies in the competition?


My one and only strategy was to be myself and if they didn't like me for that, it was ok! My main focus was just to keep being positive with my head up, I know Ireland never had much luck in this competition so I just went knowing it was such an achievement and honor to win Miss Universe Ireland and anything else would have just been the cherry on top of the cake!


We are wondering if you have beauty secrets. Please share this to us.

Well to be honest I am pretty low maintenance, even ask Miguel! Hahaha! But there is one product I swear by- Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. It keeps my skin fresh no matter how many hours of sleep I have got or in most cases haven't got!


Five beauty products you can't live without?

YSL false lash effect mascara, Elizabeth Arden cream, lip liner, St. Tropez tanning spray and last but not least Benefits Hollywood Glow- its a highlighter!




Most experts and pageant fans were also rooting for you to win. What's your take on this?


I was blown away by all the supporters and it still gives me goosebumps thinking of it. I was just so delighted that people I didn't know were supporting me! The way I look at it is even though I never won it gives me such a good feeling to know so many people were behind me throughout the competition!


Most flattering experience?

I think it would have had to be doing the press interviews the day of preliminaries. It was really nice to hear all the support before the big night!


Competition this year was very tough! Who among the Miss Universe candidates who were shut off in the semifinals deserved to make the cut?

Well I had my top pick in my head but I could never shorten it down to fifteen, there was just so many this year! But the girls I truly enjoyed spending time with and I think represented their countries very well were USA, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, there was such a long list! I think everyone worked so hard and I was disappointed not to see some girls make it.



Who was your greatest influence that contributed greatly to your successes?


Well of course Miguel and Gui, they totally transformed my attitude going into the pageant. They gave me hope which I never taught an Irish contestant would have in one of these! Also the mounds of support especially from you guys at Missosology really made me work harder and believe- hey I could actually be the first Irish girl to do this, it isn't impossible!


What is your impression on the new Miss Universe – Ximena Navarrete?

Well I met her in New York after the competition whilst I was seeing Trump Model Management and she seemed lovely, and she is absolutely stunning. She definitely deserved to be Miss Universe 2010!


What's next for Roz?

Well off to Toronto tomorrow to see, guess who- Miguel and Gui and heading Toronto fashion week, guest at Miss Venezuela, perhaps another few stop offs on the way maybe to see Carlos Alberto and my friends in Colombia! And hosting Miss Synergy in Washington D.C then off to move into my apartment in Manhattan and work really really hard!


What advice can you offer young women who look up to you and aspire to be a beauty queen someday?


You know what always stay true to yourself, importantly be yourself - they appreciate it so much more at these pageants and remember hard work pays off! Also enjoy your sleep now because you won't be getting much at the pageants!


Finally, a message to Missosology, your fans & supporters.

What you have done for me, even before the competition, beginning way back in 2009 when I first entered Miss Universe Ireland, you have given me hope, determination and an amazing feeling to know that so many people believe I could be Miss Universe. Also you have been great in advising me and I am pretty sure without your support I would not be where I am at this moment. I love Missosology! Love you guys!
 




Original Version on Missosology.Org Website:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário